Sunday 26 February 2012

I really don't

So after coming across websites like StumbleUpon and Pinterest, I have become slightly obsessed with crafting. Not in the sense that I have started crafting everything in sight, but in the sense that I have bookmarked about 500 web pages, just waiting until I am able to acquire supplies to work on them.

One of the biggest things that has piqued my interest is sewing projects, namely items for kids and baby (since I am the mother to a 2 1/2 year old and a one month old). The idea of making things like bibs, blankets, sheets and all sorts of misc accessories got me really excited. All it would cost me is the fabric and some time, and not the fortune it would cost me to buy everything new.

Except for I didn't own a sewing machine. Nor have I even used one since 2003. But I managed to score a hand me down machine from my super talented friend Sam of Oh Sew Baby for $20!

Well, my hubby did as part of my birthday present :). So hopefully it's full of magic talent that will rub off on me and I am ready to get started! ... Well I guess I need fabric, and measuring tape, and pins..............................

Anyways, once I finally start practising and making some of the seemingly easy projects, I hope to use this blog to show off my work, and link to the impressively creative people who made the design to begin with!

No comments:

Post a Comment